Get Chitika eMiniMalls

16 September 2005

Juicy Fruit Blog Isn't All Bad

Ever since Wrigley released their promotional Juicy Fruit blog there have been any number of commentators cueing up to criticise it. I think they have missed the point.
Quite simply it caused a talking point and as such attracted a lot of attention to the brand. For example, I have not thought about buying juicy fruit since my childhood but I recently found myself checking out the different varieties at the local convenience store.
I guess it maybe a question of "all publicity is good publicity" and that's what I suspect the clever marketers at juicy fruit were trying to achieve.
Check out some of the comment in the blogosphere:
Adpulp headline with Juicy Fruit "Blog" Lacks Flavor "like several brands before it is taking a beating in the bloatosphere for their psuedo blog."
Random Culture "This is why we talk about not every business needing a blog because if done improperly you will get some major backlash like the Juicy Fruit folks are receiving right now. What makes this silly is that if they replaced the world "blog" with something else on their site then there would be no complaining." (via Adpulp)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Blog Top Sites Google PageRankā„¢ - Post your PR with MyGooglePageRank.com